A healthy relationship between employees and employers builds a business persona and increases the company’s growth and business productivity. Employee engagement is one of the effective ways to keep yourself one step closer always in achieving your goals.
Moreover, it is the most trustable way to maintain employee branding that leads to finding more promising employees in the future. Many companies have often faced trouble achieving their goals without proper employee engagement techniques. Business suffered reasonably as well.
Companies are creating strategies for employee engagement. And business leaders/ managers are upgrading themselves with unique employee engagement trends for better business productivity.
Here are the following trends in employee engagement that help you create a suitable work culture at your workplace. The points we discussed focused on work culture, employee experience, manager-employee relationships, employee appreciation and level of recognition, etc.
8 tips you should follow for employee engagement trends in 2023 in your workplace.
High-level employee engagement trends for a company build profitability. Due to a lack of proper employee engagement strategies, employees often suffer increasing anxiety about improper work-life balance. It results in employee work negligence, resignation, productivity, etc.
Here are eight trending employee engagement processes that trigger the employee-employer relationship and boost your product enhancement.
1. Build an Inclusive Workplace
Understandably, a positive ambience can create enthusiasm in employees’ work performance. No matter how experienced or efficient your employees are, a positive people-first culture impacts delivering something creative and impactful, which leads to high company productivity.
Maintaining an inclusive workplace is trending now. Companies are following it. A comfortable work atmosphere brings a healthy relationship between employees and managers. They can relate to each other for the common good of the organization.
Happy employees and managers spread a positive word about the organization attracting new talents. And new employees, flowing with a comfortable working ambience, will adopt all these traits. In conclusion, an inclusive workspace organization can maintain employee engagement and create a happy, comfortable, and balanced work life.
2. Appreciate their Effort
Appreciating your employee for effective contributions can be the best way to boost engagement. You can see positive results when employees are delivering efforts for the company’s growth.
Honest appreciation messages boost up employees’ dedication that leads to certain extra miles in productive company enhancement. Employees deserve “thank you” from you, and you require employee engagement.”
Here are some trending ways to show your appreciation to improve employee engagement.
- Express your gratitude over social media.
- Conduct an award ceremony for your employees
- Celebrate your birthday and provide some festive gift cards.
- Celebrate the anniversary and plan for the annual party.
3. Ample Opportunity for Career Growth
Upskilling employees with upgraded professional development skills is one of the best ways to engage employees. With upskilling and ample growth opportunities, you must notice productive outcomes.
Often in some companies, when some unknown project arrives, Employers provide free access to professional courses that help employees polish their skills. And some other organizations alternatively organize workshops and seminars to encourage them to perform their new task well.
Often, some companies introduce learner chatbots to provide truly personalized learning approaches to employees. Chatbots alarm employees doing their remaining assessments or study material and conduct quizzes every in-work interval to test their knowledge. And many organizations plan for an extra weekend learning and development session on particular domains.
4. Providing Exciting and Challenging Work
Some Exciting and Challenging work can be a long-lasting motivator for every employee, thus resulting in employee engagement. Often employees feel bored with continuing with some monotonous work schedule.
Some complex assignments or more challenging tasks provide them with work satisfaction and boost employee engagement. With some exciting and hard work, employees not only can upgrade their skills, but they also can use their skills to complete challenges.
Hence, creating some challenges in work can be an employee engagement trend that every company must acknowledge.
If any organization needs to provide some challenges to employee engagement, we suggest the following ideas:
- Provide opportunities to perform more difficult or complex assignments that expand skills and capabilities. But make a note not to assign overloaded tasks or order them to manage too many things at once.
- Invite employees to perform something new beyond their regular expertise. Let them learn new and achieve something difficult until they become comfortable with them. After all, new projects provide new skills that increase employee engagement.
5. Set Specific Goals for a Unique Result
Setting goals and achieving them is a crucial approach to employee engagement. When an organization has fixed plans for employees, they get a chance to perform well. Impactful performance leads to high employee engagement. Furthermore, achieving goals keeps employees motivated and maintains the right track to increase productivity.
But the organization should be careful about the specific goals and accountabilities. A wrong or unspecified purpose can lead to unhealthy, risky task approaches, lack of learning, and unethical behaviour toward the employees, thus resulting in employee surrender.
Here are some key points to remember:
- Team collaboration on goal setting provides work clarity, priorities, and timelines.
- Set a priority work for employees and discuss the priority work with employees.
- Deliver a complete understanding of what is essential and where the company is going.
- Team leaders should guide, specify track, and discuss goal progress.
- Managers should coach and guide employees in case the goal is unfamiliar.
6. Rewards and Recognition
Every employee wishes to be valued or recognized at work. They love to hear appreciation once they successfully contribute something to the team or organizational success. Being identified at the workplace enhance employee engagement.
Moreover, ‘Work from home is trending now due to this pandemic situation. Since many employees start working remotely, physical introduction or recognition like team manual meetings, weekend trips, or regular achievement treats are not readily available. So, employees often feel unrecognized by the dedicated company.
Also, employees expect their managers use technology-driven methods or ideas to evaluate employee recognition through rewarding and motivating employees.
Here are some ideas managers can apply to their teams to improve employee engagement.
- Provide positive feedback regularly via LinkedIn, mail, or in person.
- Reward your employees with a company award for their best contribution to the team.
- Appreciate your employees on social media with Kudos at all hands.
- Gift something like branded mugs, hoodies, bags, or notebooks to the dedicated employee.
As per employee engagement trends 2023, Every employee expects companies to have a new focus on employee recognition.
7. Proven Safety and Security in the Workplace
Commitment to the safety and security of employees is often effective for employee engagement and performance. It develops pride and self-fulfilment from their work.
In many offices, employees face many challenges, including sexual harassment, pay parity, gender bias issues, pregnancy discrimination, etc. Employers’ duty to provide a secure environment to their employees results in employee engagement.
Some practical steps to maintaining a safe and secure work environment.
- The organization must provide a secure working environment to its employees. Therefore, proper security systems like
- Install CCTV and other security systems to monitor the incomings and outgoings.
- Only employees can operate the office building using biometric scans or other devices.
- Organizations should have a valid lawsuit against any unethical move by employees.
- Often it is necessary to organize an event to spread the safety and security norms to every employee.
8. Mental Health and Wellness Wellbeing
Employees always expect that companies will emphasize and prioritize their health. A healthy and balanced work atmosphere is a crucial employee engagement trend. It is steadily increasing day to day, resulting in company productivity.
Once a company arranges health-related programs like gym membership coupons or yearly routine health checkup camp, a health-related concession, employee engagement is repeatedly increased.
Besides having a proper balance in healthy working ambiences, employees also expect to be mentally fit. Exercise programs or some random fun activities at the workplace can aid employees’ mental health. Remote Employees often suffer from isolation and communication problems that enhance depression. Employee engagement suffers.
Quick tips for maintaining a healthy relationship with remote and office workers.
- Conduct weekly health training sessions.
- Involve them in team-building activities
- Let them take a regular break.
- Please encourage them to upgrade their home office.
- Reward them for their successful contribution.
- Ask them for physical fitness.
Consequences of lack of Employee Engagement
Employee engagement results in increased organizational commitment, productivity, profitability, negativity and many other factors. What if an organization lose by levels of employee engagement?
Some crucial signs indicate your organization is struggling with low employee engagement.
Do you notice the high turnover rate in your organization daily? If yes, it is a sign that your employees are irritated and unsatisfied due to mishaps in the organization.
Can you sense a specific competitive culture spread around the office? Often some micromanagement and biased atmosphere spread negativity on employees’ minds. If you find the work atmosphere is meeting with extreme negativity, it is time to be serious about employee engagement factors.
Impassive Employee Behaviour
If you notice your employees become impassive. They don’t discuss their concerns and suggestions; It hampers the company culture. It is time to take a survey and check what sicknesses are festering in your organization.
Slow Work Pace
Lack of motivation and slow work pace of employees is a clear sign that your employees aren’t engaged. A slow work pace can indicate that employees almost quit their tasks and don’t bother about where the organization is achieving and their role in the organizational objectives. If you sense some sign like this, it’s the sign to start a survey on Employee engagement.
Coming to an end
Your employee is at the top of your priority list. If you prioritize your employee and create transparency over office culture, It shows the best practices for engaging employees. As per the latest trends in employee engagement, As an employer, you need to focus on employee recognition and feasible communication. Also, in 2023, employees want to see their leader adapting technology-driven recognition ideas like offering digital rewards and incentives for motivating employees.