Today, nothing can derail your health more than sitting in one place for extended time period. Be it a typical 9-5 job, entrepreneurship or even freelancing, sitting at desk for long time exposes your health to illnesses and problems that one usually suffers during old age. This is one the burning yet most ignored issues at workplaces all over.
In today’s era of millennials, taking care of employee health makes a huge difference in employee retention as well as morale boost. While desk jobs are prevalent these days, here is how you can encourage your employees to get up and walk at work:
1. Standing Desk: We have all heard of standing desks. You can opt to design work cubicles to accommodate if not all, at least a few standing desks in order to accommodate those who wish to work on them. A standing desk not only is good for health, but also boosts creativity and makes people more alert.
2. Encourage Walking in the Office: You can encourage walking in the office either by giving some free time in the hectic schedule or encourage it through some reward method or being subtle about it, say, by disallowing people to eat at their work desks and walking up to the cafeteria, have regular sports activity, etc.
3. Regular Sports Events: What better way to stay fit than holding regular sport events! HR can promote forming different sport clubs and holding annual or bi-annual events. This helps to increase the bonding between employees and coerces people to keep practising to earn accolades.
4. Gym / Yoga / Exercise Facility: Building a gym in the premise is a costly affair, but it will not only maintain physical and mental health of employees, but would also make them look forward to coming to office every day. If not a gym space, the HR can set aside a room or space for meditation and exercising.
5. Outdoor Meetings: There is nothing relaxing and healthy than connecting with the nature. If your premise has a garden or access to an open patio like place, you can ask respective teams to hold their meetings outside at least once in a week. This will help in lowering stress levels whilst helping the workplace in evolving as an employee centric organization.
As an HR, you have a lot of burden on your shoulders and Pocket HRMS understands this and is here to unburden you and help make companies friendly and a fun place to be at.
To know how Pocket HRMS can aid your HR in routine tasks so that they get more time at hand to focus on other strategic and engagement tasks, reach us here for a quick demo or consultation.