What are Welcome Messages for New Joinee?
A welcome message or a welcome note is a greeting to the new joinee or joiner who has newly boarded the company. This makes them feel comfortable and provides them with a glimpse of the company culture and ethos.
The ‘first’ experience of something is always filled with chaos, nervousness, anxiety, and discomfort. May it be the first day of school or the first day at the office, the feeling of edginess haunts you until you get acquainted with its environment.
To prevent newly joined employees from feeling isolation and discomfort at the workplace, management should acknowledge the joining of new employees and introduce them to the work environment.
‘First impression is the best impression’. Similarly how you treat your new hires puts an impression on them of the company’s ethics and culture. It is vital as well as ethical to exhibit gratitude to newly hired employees to retain them and acquaint them with the work environment.
Every new hire, irrespective of a fresher or experienced personnel, experiences stiffness in getting along with the prevailing work culture. To reduce it and boost the morale of new employees, you can send them a note of motivation before joining.
Welcome Messages for New Employees
Various types of welcome messages can be sent to new employees when they join. A few of them are listed below:
1. “Congratulations and Welcome [employee’s name]! On behalf of [company name], we are thrilled to have you on board, and we look forward to witnessing your successful endeavors.”
2. “Welcome to the team [employee name]! We are glad to have you as a part of our team.”
3. “Welcome aboard! The entire fraternity of [Company’s name] welcomes you. It is great to have you on board and we can’t wait to share this journey with you. Looking forward to your contributions that are going to add value to the company.”
4. “Congratulations on your new role at [Company name]. We are happy to have you with us. We hope you’ll have the best experience here at the company. A warm welcome!”
5. “On behalf of the entire team here at [Company name], we welcome you on board and we can’t wait to see what accomplishments you are going to attain in the organization.”
6. “Congratulations and welcome to the team here at [Company name]. We look forward to witnessing your finest accomplishments shortly. Welcome aboard.”
7. “We are thrilled to have you with us, hope your first day is lively, brisk, and incredible. We know and trust your potential in becoming a valuable asset to the company. Welcome Aboard!”
8. “Congratulations on your first day, We are thrilled to know you and your potential in contributing to the productivity of [Company Name]. Looking forward to working with you.”
9. “We are excited to have you with us being a part of the team. Please feel free to reach us for any assistance. Welcome to the team!”
10. “Congratulations and welcome to our team and we hope you have a thrilling experience working here.”
11. “Dear [Employee name], out of numerous applicants you emerged as a significant talent. We are glad you accepted our offer, and we look forward to embarking on this journey alongside you. Best wishes!”
12. “We are so excited to have you join our team, we would like to see you emerge with flying colors and we hope you add endow in the advancement of the organization! A warm welcome and best wishes!”
13. “Congratulations on your joining! You are now a part of our [Company Name] team. Let’s grow together and embark on this journey with dedication, hard work, passion, and lots of success, Welcome aboard!”
14. “Happy joining! We look forward to learning from the downfalls and celebrating achievements together, we can’t wait to explore future opportunities with you on the team. Welcome aboard! Regards [Company name].”
15. “The entire team of [Company name] welcomes you. We are elated to have you join our team and we hope to help you flourish and grow along the company’s advancement. A warm welcome.”
16. “Happy first day dear [Employee’s name]! You are a valuable addition to our team and we are looking forward to experiencing the honor that you would bring in future endeavors. Best wishes, welcome aboard.”
17. “We are thrilled to welcome you onboard, We cannot wait to see you successful, and hey, don’t worry if you ever have lows, because we are here to help you. To have a member like you on the team is a sheer pleasure for us. Best wishes and welcome to the team, mate!”
18. “Congratulations and welcome dear [Employee’s name]. We can’t wait to see what valuable additions you would sum up. We are here to assist you in every way you need to and we hope you’ll thrive both professionally and personally. Feel free to reach us in case of any needs. Sending you warm wishes and regards. Welcome aboard.”
19. “Welcome to the company Mr./Ms. [Employee name]. We look forward to embarking on a new journey and thriving success with you, we know your potential and trust your skills in achieving the organization’s goals and flourishing as a strong achiever. Welcome aboard!”
20. “Welcome Onboard! We can’t wait to see you become a full-fledged part of the team. We look forward to working with you and to know you more. Hope you have a wonderful first day. Just want to let you know that you are an addition to our team and we are going to be here for you in rain and shine. Happy Joining!”
21. “We are glad to have you join our team here at the company. We are thrilled to have a talent like you on the team. We hope you’ll get acquainted soon and if not, no worries; letting isolation haunt you when we are around is a distant affair. Feel free to reach us for any queries that pop up in your mind as we would like to help you in any way possible. We know you are going to excel in your new role as a [Employee’s designation]. Congratulations and welcome.”
22. “Dear [Employee’s name], congratulations and welcome, you are going to be a part of our team and we hope you’ll thrive in every challenge that comes your way. We are going to be a ‘good scout’ and altruistic team who would be with you through all thick and thins. It will be fun working together. Best wishes.”
How to Welcome a New Employee?
Welcoming a new employee is a delicate task as it could lead to absconds if not managed with tactics and empath. Welcome message to a new employee should be motivational, catchy and should help the new staff understand the significance of the company’s ethics and culture.
The initial phase after onboarding employees is crucial. To make it a wonderful experience for the new employees, management can go a bit extra because that would yield long retention and better productivity.
A few initiatives that can be initiated by the company’s management include:
➔ Sending Welcome E-mails
You can send personalized emails by drafting welcome messages for new employees. It not only gives them a special feel but also polishes the impression and helps them to keep away from bewilderment and perplexity. A new employee is usually prone to confusion which would lead to an increased rate of absconds.
The management needs to welcome new employees and leave a congenial impression from the beginning to avoid such circumstances and help them to cope with the new environment. After all, a confident and comfortable employee is more productive than an uncomfortable and hesitant one. So, it is extremely important to welcome a new employee with ease and empathy.
➔ Gifting Induction Kits
It is always a great idea to gift a new employee with a custom-branded induction kit which can include a diary, pen, coffee mug, brochure of company policies and rules, water bottle, bag, and more.
It creates a sense of familiarity within the employees and provides them with a decent knowledge of the rules and policies that ought to be followed by them while working in the company. The branded customized gifts serve as an initial introduction of the company’s tradition, culture, and work ethics to a new employee so you can go ahead and gift goodies to your new employees.
➔ Setting up The Workspace
You can also take a step ahead by setting up the workspace, as for a newly appointed employee, settling into a new workplace can be a challenge. Allocate their workspace immediately after they join as that would comfort and assure them of being a part of the team.
Employees are a valuable asset of the company; they are the catalyst that stimulates the operation of the business in an organization. Hence, the organization needs to take care of minute details so that the company sustains steady employee retention rate.
➔ Introduction to the Team
It is an essential step for the HR management to introduce the new employee to their manager and the entire team. It makes them familiar, and comfortable as well as introduce them to the hierarchy to be followed while reporting.
Knowing others in the team from the initial phase of joining serves in building team bonds and creates a positive environment in the organization.
A healthy work environment not only boosts the morale of the team but also enhances the productivity of the organization.
➔ Providing a Mentor
A mentor, guide, or manager is a ‘gold mine’ for the new employees are they guide them through thick and thin throughout their journey of employment.
Every employee, irrespective of designation, post, or profile, needs assistance for work sooner or later. For new employees in specific, a mentor’s guidance is extremely important as they introduce them to the company’s culture, and workflow processes and come up with solutions during their initial phase.
Mentors or managers are vital reasons for employee retention or drop. So it is crucial to make sure that the new joiner is in the right hands. The personal growth of new joiners yields the enhancement of productivity of the entire organization so taking some extra effort for making them comfortable isn’t a bad idea.
➔ Steady Engagement
‘An empty vessel is a devil’s workshop’. Similarly, an ideal employee might lose interest in the company or might lose productivity eventually, so it is essential to keep them engaged and not overload them with work.
Hence, starting slow is always a good option to initiate work to help the new joiner get acquainted with the work process.
Why is it Necessary to Send Welcome Messages to New Employees?
There are several reasons why sending welcome messages to new employees is crucial. Some of these reasons include:
Employees’ motivation is an essential ingredient in their productivity. A motivated new joiner is not only productive but also has a high retention rate. In addition, the abscond rate reduces as well.
So, it is essential to send welcome messages to new employees as it motivates them from the initial phase of joining the organization and puts an efficacious impression on the joiners.
Encouragement fuels the morale of employees. New joiners are vulnerable to rethinking, confusion, skepticism, dubiety, and incertitude.
Welcome messages are usually crafted with encouraging words to enhance the new employee morale, so it becomes vital for the management to send messages that are welcoming as well as encouraging.
An encouraged candidate stays enthusiastic and focused. So, a little effort in the initial phase of their joining to bring their potential to light is always a great decision.
➔ Reduced Absconding
In the present era of vast job options in a competitive market, absconding has become a common practice among candidates.
Although it cannot be eradicated from roots, a solution to it is encouraging and motivating them from the very beginning.
Welcome messages not only are worded with motivational words but also display the company’s culture which grasps the interest of the new joiner, lessening the impact of absconding and increasing retention.
➔ Enhanced Retention
When the abscond rate declines, it ultimately surges the retention matrix, which is not only profitable for the business but also enhances the company’s goodwill.
In a competitive market, enhancement of the company’s image is the call of the hour, and retention of the employee in specific incites the company’s image to heights.
A potential and well-crafted encouraging welcome message carries the potential to boost the morale of the new joiners and hence contributes to surging the retention rate.
➔ Company Culture
Welcome messages are the basic display of the company’s work culture and ethics. It should be worded with utmost thoughtfulness keeping in mind all minute and fragile elements that can trigger the new employee’s morale adversely.
A positive and healthy company culture can help retain efficient employees for a long as well as grab the attention of emerging talents to get associated with the company.
So, it is extremely important to send welcome messages and give a hint of the company’s culture to new joiners to have them on board and gain their trust.
➔ Team Building
Team building is necessary to develop a healthy work environment. Welcome messages to new employees are missive written communication to formally initiate familiarity and build trust to gain a new employee’s belief in the company.
It also initiates the elementary formal introduction of the team, its culture, and the work ethics it follows, to the new joiner.
In short, welcome messages might not be the ‘big fish in the sea’ for constructing team-building attributes among employees, but it is definitely a ‘mighty mite’ which might not have an immediate or vibrant impact but it has a long-lasting and powerful strike for the future.
Welcome to the team!
Now that we know what impact welcome messages radiate, why wait to let go of the best candidates? Craft your welcome messages for new employees, make them feel comfortable, and assist them in getting acquainted with your environment that is completely unfamiliar to them.
Conveying is the best tool to reach out to new employees to make them feel congenial and what’s better than welcome messages that have all the traits in contributing to ease the perplexity of new joiners by letting them know your presence behind them.