Pareto Principle

What is Pareto Principle?

 

The ‘Pareto Principle states that in most events, 20% of the causes lead to 80% of the effects. This ratio is also referred to as the ‘80/20 Rule’. It is also called the ‘Principle of Factor Sparsity’ as well as the ‘Law of the Viral Few’.

 

It is used in companies to concentrate their efforts on the most profitable 20% areas of the company and advance them so that it leads to a profit for the remaining 80% of the company too.

 

Similarly, it is also applied in reducing the risks of 20% of the most hazardous areas of the company so that the remaining 80% is also safeguarded as a result of the precautions taken.

More HR Terms

Glass Ceiling

What is Glass Ceiling ? ‘Glass Ceiling’ refers to the metaphorical invisible ceiling that prevents minorities and women from attaining senior level positions in companies.

Administrative Services Only

What is Administrative Services Only ?    ‘Administrative Services Only’ is the practice of hiring another company to provide administrative services for employee benefits while

Applicant Pool

What is Applicant Pool?   An ‘Applicant Pool’ is a list of potential candidates who have applied for a vacant job position and are being

Contact Us

Contact Us

We use cookies on our website to provide you with the best experience.
Take a look at our ‘privacy policy’