The COVID-19 outbreak has caused all employers, from small businesses to big giants, to implement ‘remote work culture’ for the safety of their staff. Currently, companies of all sizes are exploring ‘work from home’ style with the support of advanced technology.
But, hiring a remote workforce is critical if you miss out on a few things as you don’t get the privilege to meet a candidate in-person! Let’s see those few things which HR team needs to consider while remote workforce recruitment!
- Check their comfort level for virtual meetings by arranging a video call for interview.
- Find the key remote working traits like adaptability, self-discipline, independent troubleshooting skills, etc. in a candidate.
- Encourage your potential candidates for personality test!
- Mention your remote working tools, your processes and feedback mechanism in job description.
- Instead of posting job vacancies on regular channel, try job boards which are famous with remote workers.
- Get connected with remote working communities and/or list your business in remote workforce directories.
- Sometimes, remote job involves specific time zone and location requirements, so HR must list these things out in a job description so that candidates who can’t accommodate them won’t apply.
- Evaluate a candidate’s nature during virtual interaction to know whether he fit’s company’s culture and values or not.
- Develop a thoughtful interview process to hire the ideal match!
- Invest in online recruitment software system to make the hiring process easy and without worrying about geographical boundaries!
Hiring remote workforce involves long hiring period as both the employer and the remote worker needs to be sure that they can be a good fit together. Many organizations offer trial periods for remote workers when they find a suitable candidate for the company. During this period, they can keep a check on his learning abilities, skills and productivity.
Keep above mentioned things in mind while recruiting a remote workforce to build a reliable and productive team!