When an organization hires any employee, the job role and hours differ according to the company’s needs and working structure. Some have temporary job patterns, while others might have a part-time or a full-time job role. The job hours might also differ based on the working schedule of the company. While some might have assigned shifts, others might have a general working schedule. Most companies promote a part-time employee to a full-time schedule based on their performance and goals achieved.
Why Is The Part-time To Full-time Offer Letter Important?
Like any other offer letter or promotion letter, a part-time to full-time offer letter template is equally important. It starts off the relationship between the company and the employee on a positive and healthy note. That being said, while drafting the email offer letter, it is important that you don’t make promises you can’t deliver, thus keep the benefits and bonuses clear and realistic.
The news of a part-time employee getting promoted to a full-time one is usually preferred and one via emails by most companies. Just like any other promotion, even this one is a great opportunity for employees, and thus should be carried out nicely and with clarity. These emails are usually generated either by HR or by higher levels of a company. The key points to keep in mind while drafting part-time to full-time offer email templates are-
- To begin with, the employee getting promoted should be appreciated for the dedication and hard work that they have put in their job while working for the company. If they have achieved any special milestones, they should be mentioned and highlighted in the email
- The reason for promoting them to full-time should come out clearly in the offer email letter
- The part-time to full-time offer email should be inspirational and motivational to encourage the employee to work with even more dedication in the future
- The letter should mention the benefits and more opportunities in their future while also congratulating them on their present achievements
- It is also important to ask whether the employee actually does want the full-time position. Many times employees take up part-time jobs due to less time availability. Including an acknowledgment of whether or not the employee wants to accept the offer is a good idea
Key Points To Be Covered In The Offer Letter Email Template-
- New Position
- New Working Hours
- Revised Salary
- Employer’s Name
- Employer’s Signature
Below is a sample format of the part-time to full-time offer letter template-
Part-time to full-time Offer Letter Template
Dear [Employee Name],
I am mailing to congratulate you on a positive update about your employment status. My team has decided to upgrade the status of employment from part-time to full-time.
The entire team is very much content with your performance as well as your dedication to work. Hence, we would love to extend you the opportunity to work with our team as a full-time employee.
The salary structure and additional benefits will be surely provided as per the company policy for the position of [Job Title].
Please find the attachments regarding the revised salary structure and revised job description about your designation. Kindly reply with your confirmation a the earliest.
We are looking forward to fruitful years together with you.