Going forward with the extension of Lockdown i.e. Lockdown 2.0 ahead of rising positive cases of COVID-19, the ministry of home affairs on this Monday (15th April 2020) morning announced some relieving guidelines for industries.
This blog reads out the mandatory guidelines to be followed by IT companies while working from office. IT industry was previously allowed to function with only with up to 10 percent of workforce due to rapid spread of novel coronavirus in the nation.
Mandating work from home for the industry, more than 90 percent of the workforce was forced to work remotely i.e. from home. But, with some preventive measures released on the aforementioned date, companies can now function with some relief to workforce population at workplace.
Listed below are some important guidelines for the IT sector to be followed:
- IT companies can now work with up to 50 percent strength of employees
- Mandatory mask wearing
- Workers commuting to office should not travel by public transport
- Special vehicles must be allotted
- Disinfection of vehicles entering premises, entry gate, canteens, staircases, cabin, etc.
- Mandatory medical insurance for commuting workers
- Mass meetings or gatherings in premises should be prohibited
- Not more than 4/5 people must gather at one place
Also read guidelines in detail from the MHA released document here – MHA Guidelines!
These were some of the basic and mandatory precautions for the employers and employees working from office amid pandemic. Take care and try to stay more in quarantine!
Disclaimer: This post is not an advisory for organizations and individuals. Please visit Ministry of Health and Family Welfare – https://www.mohfw.gov.in/ and Ministry of Home Affairs for latest guidelines.