With the rapidly escalating COVID-19 pandemic, the Government has decided to extend the lockdown till May 3. But activities under agriculture, e-commerce, manufacturing and IT services will be allowed after April 20. The central government has issued a list of guidelines that factories must follow in order to resume operations.
These guidelines help companies to protect their employees as well as customers from coronavirus while still continuing to work. During this crisis, businesses must prepare themselves to manage their work with a little communication and plan and implement the strategy for effective ‘social distancing’ at the workplace.
‘Social distancing’ is fundamentally a public health precautionary measure introduced to minimize the spread of coronavirus infection. Hence, companies must take strict action to ensure social distancing is maintained at the workplace.
Now being HR, it’s your responsibility to create a healthy workplace for your staff. Below are some tips on how you can maintain social distancing at the organization;
- Make sure your workers keep at least 2 metres (6 ft) distance from each other.
- Keep groups of workers working together in teams that are as small as possible to avoid crowding!
- During lunch breaks or tea breaks, use the queue management system to maintain safe distance.
- If possible, staff should work side by side or facing away from each other rather than face-to-face culture.
- Do not allow staff to congregate in break times to limit social interaction.
- You can also put up signage and/or floor markings to encourage colleagues for social distancing.
- If necessary, make certain adaptations to working arrangements.
- Discourage unnecessary gatherings, for example birthday celebration.
Maintaining social distancing is difficult within some workplace settings, but staff should take appropriate precautions when working in close proximity is unavoidable. Make use of ‘internet-based communication’ as it a key element for ensuring a successful social distancing strategy.
To check our newest blog, click here!