Many employers have allowed their staff to work from home (wfh) during the coronavirus pandemic. And, with the support of advanced communication technology, companies can master the art of communication with remote workers. After all, ‘timely communication within a business’ is the right tool to be successful.
But, work from home can be a challenge for those who have never experience remotely working situations. Take a look at some effective communication tips for remotely working employees;
- Read, understand and implement remote work policies of your organisation. Probably, the HR department of every company has some guidelines regarding work from home scenarios. So, this is a right time to refer those guidelines.
- Define your expectations or goals to your team members and be proactive in managing team. Update, track and share progress report with your team so that they know whether they are heading in the right direction or not.
- Managers must share their contact details with the team! As your team is remotely working, so give them a clear idea about your communication and productivity targets. Prioritize your communication channel like emails, phone calls, chat options, etc and let them know how you want them to communicate. Avoid any assumptions!
- Inform your team when they can contact you, start of the day or the end of the day! This is very much necessary for the smooth work from home process. Work can stay on the track if you provide your team more guidance, less chance for misunderstandings!
- Opt for video conferencing platforms and instant messaging services to connect with your staff. Ensure you have plain or professional surroundings with adequate lightning during video conferences. Dress professionally and keep a decent microphone handy. Lower the risk of interruptions while discussions and meetings!
- Consider online sharing options or create a system to share documents.
Managing remotely working staff is a tedious job also for HR department because they need to keep track of remotely working employee attendance and process salary accordingly. So, select cloud-based HRMS software, a single point of contact for all your key HR functionalities.
Pocket HRMS offers a wide range of modules, including mobile payroll app and AI-powered HR chatbot, ‘smHRty’, to assist human resource team in their various HR related tasks. A ‘perfect tech setup’ can probably help you to overcome any work related difficulties. Click here to contact us!
Let’s be more aware of time while working remotely!